The Astro City timeline.
- Sinking of the Sea Blaze off the Florida coast.
The ship will be raised by Samaritan in 1995.
- First known appearance of the Old Soldier.
- Second appearance of the Old Soldier.
- Third appearance of the Old Soldier.
- Fourth appearance of the Old Soldier.
- Rebuilding and renaming of Romeyn Falls to Astro City.
to honour the Astro-naut
- Lamplighter and the All-American announce retirement.
- Honor Guard forms,members:
- Silver Agent
- Max o'Millions
- leopardman and Kitkat
- Bouncing Beatnik active.
- First appearance of Shirak the Devourer, defeated
by the Honor Guard, Bouncing Beatnik and the Old Soldier.
- the return of the Old Soldier.
- The return and first public appearance of Shirak the Devourer.
- The debut of Jack-In-The-Box .
- Riots in Bakerville following the death of Martin Luther King.
- April 6, 1968:
- Jack-In-The-Box exposes corruption at the Astro City wharfs
following a fight with the Chessmen
- Death of the Silver Agent. (Exact date unknown)
- The Old Soldier returns at the fall of Saigon.
- September 8, 1976:
- Jack-In-The-Box defeats the super-villain Morningstar
- October 13, 1983:
- Jack-In-The-Box is trapped in a "fiery explosion" and is believed dead.
He will return some years later.
- The Blue Knight is apperentely involved in some murders.
- Late 1985:
- Samaritan arrives in the twentieth century.
- January 28, 1986:
- The debut of Samaritan, saving the space shuttle Challenger.
Apperentely, this was the event he was supposed to avert from happening.
- May 4, 1989
- Jack-In-The-Box returns after an absence of some five and a half years.
- Crackerjack debuts.
- August 7, 1995:
- Jack-In-The-Box captures Brass Monkey
- August 8, 1995:
- An average workday for Samaritan, the most important being the battle
between him and the Living Nightmare.
- August 9, 1995:
- Astro City Rocket editor Eliot Mills tells his story of how the Honor Guard defeated
Shirak the Devourer in 1959 to a rookie reporter.
- September 7, 1995:
- N-forcer saves senate. (newspaper article in 5:10.1.)
- December 11, 1995:
- Cleopatra II fights Gnomnicron
- December 12, 1995:
- The identity of Crackerjack is revealed.
- Bridwell, an alien spy gives the signal for the Enelsian invasion of Earth.
- June 17, 1997:
- The Astrobank is robbed by the Junkman, who leaves no clues behind for the
heroes to suspect him.
- July-August, 1997:
- The Enelsian invasion plan is put in high gear, moving into the open when it's revealed that
Astro City's Mayor is an alien..
- August 03, 1997:
- After heated battles with superheroes around the world the Enelsian invasion force is defeated.
- November 6, 1997:
- The Junkman is captured by Jack-In-The-Box, while attempting to rob the
Astrobank for the second time.
- Brian Kinney, formely Altar Boy returns as the new Confessor.
- The 35th century:
- The man who would be Samaritan is born, at a time when the Earth is dying.
After two years of preparation he's sent back in time to the twentieth century,
to change the future.
- The 35th century, new version:
- Samaritan visits the 35th century to discover it's now an utopia,
but it has cost him his family, whom now don't exist.
This timeline covers only the events for which I have been able to find an (approximate)
date. Not all events mentioned in the series have known dates.
Back to the index. (Click the image)
Web page created september 1995, last updated 25-06-2000.
Comments or information about Astro City? send it to the